<< Back to careers
FreeMyApps Data Analyst
FreeMyApps is a progressive, creative, fast-growing advertising technology company for mobile apps. We build the leading rewards platform to help brands achieve their business goals faster and more efficiently than ever before. We are a small, fun team of talented people running a consumer-facing site where our users are able to earn gift cards for discovering the latest new apps and games.
FreeMyApps was purchased by Noosphere, an international asset management firm in 2016. Along with FreeMyApps, FiksuDSP, Fiksu Networks, and Fiksu Media Group were developed within Fiksu. The four companies maintain a close relationship with one another and draw upon and contribute to the massive historical data set amassed by Fiksu: 3.6 billion mobile device profiles, including an estimated 90% of all iOS and Android devices ever sold in the US, with nearly 30 trillion data points.
As a Data Analyst for FreeMyApps you will be working collaboratively across the user acquisition, product and engineering teams to run and analyze key metrics that help maintain and grow the FreeMyApps Product.
- Work extensively with the FreeMyApps team on media planning and buying and post launch performance optimization of consumer acquisition campaigns for iOS and in the future Android. Manage multiple reporting tools to glean data on best practices of acquiring new users.
- Review and report on service analytics utilizing both internal (FreeMyApps Admin Site and FreeMyApps for Mobile Apps Admin Site) as well as external services (Google Analytics).
- Review, recommend and implement new and improved analytics tools.
- Work with the ad ops team to create better predictability around the purchase of "Gift" inventory
- Review past campaign volume and velocity to assist Business Development and sales team to predict future campaigns.
- Responsible for synthesizing media impression and historical/industry campaign data to provide tangible campaign estimations for FreeMyApps Sales staff.
- Will be responsible for articulating and sharing insights and implications derived from analysis in both written and verbal communication to internal staff
- Accountable for determining, calculating, and interpreting key metrics and estimations related to potential Fiksu marketing campaigns and projects.
- Knows and actively uses QA data practices.
- Work with the FreeMyApps social team to understand the FreeMyApps Audience. Recommend and implement tools that can provide clarity into the growing FreeMyApps audience.
- Will work with product and engineering team to investigate data trends and discrepancies as it relates to attempted fraudulent use of FreeMyApps.
- Join the start-up that BBJ voted #1 Best Place to Work (Mid-size company)
- Great benefits including: casual dress code, flexible schedules, weekly company lunch, Fiksu Bar, competitive medical & vision benefits, gym discounts, Zipcar discounts, 401K plan, and more!
- Enthusiastic and intelligent coworkers
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Strong understand and experience using Excel
- Strong mathematics skills—calculus, statistics, etc.
- Knowledge or proficiency in scripting languages (e.g. c++, python, ruby) and SQL a plus
- Ability to think strategically, execute efficiently and attend to details
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Desire to contribute to the ongoing improvement of a fun and fast-paced organization
- Experience in computer engineering, marketing analytics, and/or direct marketing
- Strong interest in digital/mobile media, technology, and cultural innovation
- Bachelor's Degree